- May 5-6, 2017. IGD Frontier 100 Forum, Durban, South Africa
- May 3-5, 2017. World Economic Forum on Africa, Durban, South Africa
- March 20-24, 2017. Land and Poverty Conference 2017: Responsible Land Governance—Towards an Evidence-Based Approach
- September 26, 2016. Trade, FDI, and Global Value Chains. The World Bank, Washington, D.C.
- September 21-22, 2016. "Global Symposium on Innovative Financial Inclusion: Harnessing Innovation for Inclusive Finance,” Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
- February 1 - 10th Biannial U.S.-Africa Business Summit 2016 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- November 2 - African Economic Conference - Kinshasa, DRC
- October 19 - New Perspectives for Closing Africa's Infrastructure Gap - Washington, D.C.
- October 9 - World Bank Annual Meetings - Lima, Peru
- July 13 - Financing For Development - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- October 2014 Empowering Africa's Future Event
- 2014 U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit Information
- June 17 - Engaging African Smallholder Farmers in Public-Private Partnerships
- October 21 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta/TechnoServe/New Market Labs Panel Discussion on Opportunities for Accelerating Public-Private Partnerships in Africa: Agriculture, Business Development & Infrastructure
- October 16 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta Half-Day Symposium on Developing Strong Public-Private Sector Partnership in African Agriculture, Food Security & Nutrition
Wilma Aguele is CEO of Wilbahi Group, a privately owned company in Nigeria, for the last 22 years. . She has served as Director of the Group for over 20 years. She has adept experience in business conceptualization and development, and knowledge of the Nigerian business environment, excellent interpersonal relationship and ability to make contacts easily.
Wilbahi Group of Companies include: Wilbahi investments Ltd; Wilbahi Engineering Ltd; Wilbahi Systems Ltd; Wilbahi International Ltd; Ambergas Ltd; and Merit Shipping Ltd. Wilbahi Engineering Ltd., in collaboration with German Technical Partners, was responsible for the Development of the Niger/Delta Master Plan and are engaged in engineering construction and consultancy. It was also responsible for the provision of logistics service to the European Union Election Monitoring Group for the 2003 elections in Nigeria worth over N 130,000,000. Wilbahi Investments Ltd in collaboration with Union Homes Savings and Loans Plc has completed 97 units luxury housing estate at Kukwaba District, Abuja for N 1.5 Billion ($10M).
Other past responsibilities have included:
- Director, Platform Petroleum Ltd, Nigeria (2004-11) - responsibility includes participating in Board meeting and formulating policies for the management; serving the Board committees for effective management of the company.
- Director, Sedona Business Consults Ltd, Nigeria (2005- date) - responsibilities include identifying business and develop them for implementation. Serve on the Board and help to design company policies and directions. Promote and project company activities to clients and associates.
- MD/CEO, Merit Shipping Ltd, Lagos, Nigeria (1991 – 2005) - responsibilities includes been the Head of the Management Team and liaising with Board and Management to achieve organizational goals; led, directed and supervised the activities of the workforce; liaised with regulatory authority and clients.
- Admin/Research Asst, Trans Africa Incorporated, Washington DC (Jan –May 1984) - responsibilities included serving as congressional liaison to the Executive Director; lobbying the US congress for the independence of South Africa from the apartheid regime.
Ms. Aguele has a BA in International Relations (Sacramento City College, CA) and working on her MA in Urban and Regional Planning.