- May 5-6, 2017. IGD Frontier 100 Forum, Durban, South Africa
- May 3-5, 2017. World Economic Forum on Africa, Durban, South Africa
- March 20-24, 2017. Land and Poverty Conference 2017: Responsible Land Governance—Towards an Evidence-Based Approach
- September 26, 2016. Trade, FDI, and Global Value Chains. The World Bank, Washington, D.C.
- September 21-22, 2016. "Global Symposium on Innovative Financial Inclusion: Harnessing Innovation for Inclusive Finance,” Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
- February 1 - 10th Biannial U.S.-Africa Business Summit 2016 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- November 2 - African Economic Conference - Kinshasa, DRC
- October 19 - New Perspectives for Closing Africa's Infrastructure Gap - Washington, D.C.
- October 9 - World Bank Annual Meetings - Lima, Peru
- July 13 - Financing For Development - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- October 2014 Empowering Africa's Future Event
- 2014 U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit Information
- June 17 - Engaging African Smallholder Farmers in Public-Private Partnerships
- October 21 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta/TechnoServe/New Market Labs Panel Discussion on Opportunities for Accelerating Public-Private Partnerships in Africa: Agriculture, Business Development & Infrastructure
- October 16 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta Half-Day Symposium on Developing Strong Public-Private Sector Partnership in African Agriculture, Food Security & Nutrition
Demba Ba has been Director of Agriculture and Rural Development at Islamic Development Bank since 2011, where he oversees a portfolio of $3 Billion. He has more than 20 years experience as a development economist working in many countries in Africa, Middle East, Asia and Eastern Europe.
Prior to that, Demba joined the World Bank in 1986 and served as Manager of Private Sector Development for Africa from 1999-2006 and contributed to the scale up of WB’s investments in infrastructure in Africa. He also served as resident World Bank representative for Lebanon from 2007-2010. He has vast knowledge of shaping strong partnerships between IDB and key partners such as Gates Foundation; economic analysis, strategy and policy formulation; helping IDB member-countries’ increase investment and productivity in agriculture sector with a strong focus on food security and rural income growth.