- May 5-6, 2017. IGD Frontier 100 Forum, Durban, South Africa
- May 3-5, 2017. World Economic Forum on Africa, Durban, South Africa
- March 20-24, 2017. Land and Poverty Conference 2017: Responsible Land Governance—Towards an Evidence-Based Approach
- September 26, 2016. Trade, FDI, and Global Value Chains. The World Bank, Washington, D.C.
- September 21-22, 2016. "Global Symposium on Innovative Financial Inclusion: Harnessing Innovation for Inclusive Finance,” Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
- February 1 - 10th Biannial U.S.-Africa Business Summit 2016 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- November 2 - African Economic Conference - Kinshasa, DRC
- October 19 - New Perspectives for Closing Africa's Infrastructure Gap - Washington, D.C.
- October 9 - World Bank Annual Meetings - Lima, Peru
- July 13 - Financing For Development - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- October 2014 Empowering Africa's Future Event
- 2014 U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit Information
- June 17 - Engaging African Smallholder Farmers in Public-Private Partnerships
- October 21 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta/TechnoServe/New Market Labs Panel Discussion on Opportunities for Accelerating Public-Private Partnerships in Africa: Agriculture, Business Development & Infrastructure
- October 16 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta Half-Day Symposium on Developing Strong Public-Private Sector Partnership in African Agriculture, Food Security & Nutrition
Congressional Breakfast Briefing: Emerging U.S. Leadership on Global Food Security
Congressional Breakfast Briefing on Emerging U.S. Leadership on Global Food Security
Last year's global food crisis was a wake up for us all. In only months, price spikes across the globe made food either unaffordable or unavailable for billions of people. Food riots broke out in 30 countries and over 100 million people fell back into poverty. Today, nearly 1 billion people are chronically hungry.
The President and many in Congress are making food security a top foreign policy priority. The event provided insight into the Administration's new food security initiative. We also hear from experts about the challenge of global hunger and how agricultural development strategies offer hope for success. The panel included an impressive range of experts from the fields of journalism, government and academia.