- May 5-6, 2017. IGD Frontier 100 Forum, Durban, South Africa
- May 3-5, 2017. World Economic Forum on Africa, Durban, South Africa
- March 20-24, 2017. Land and Poverty Conference 2017: Responsible Land Governance—Towards an Evidence-Based Approach
- September 26, 2016. Trade, FDI, and Global Value Chains. The World Bank, Washington, D.C.
- September 21-22, 2016. "Global Symposium on Innovative Financial Inclusion: Harnessing Innovation for Inclusive Finance,” Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
- February 1 - 10th Biannial U.S.-Africa Business Summit 2016 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- November 2 - African Economic Conference - Kinshasa, DRC
- October 19 - New Perspectives for Closing Africa's Infrastructure Gap - Washington, D.C.
- October 9 - World Bank Annual Meetings - Lima, Peru
- July 13 - Financing For Development - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- October 2014 Empowering Africa's Future Event
- 2014 U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit Information
- June 17 - Engaging African Smallholder Farmers in Public-Private Partnerships
- October 21 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta/TechnoServe/New Market Labs Panel Discussion on Opportunities for Accelerating Public-Private Partnerships in Africa: Agriculture, Business Development & Infrastructure
- October 16 - Partnership/AGRA/Syngenta Half-Day Symposium on Developing Strong Public-Private Sector Partnership in African Agriculture, Food Security & Nutrition
Agricultural Development in Countries Affected by Conflict: The Cases of Somalia and Yemen
Date: Thursday, April 29, 2010
Time: 12 - 2 PM
Venue: Partnership Conference Room
499 S. Capitol Street SW, Suite 500-B
What is the current state of agriculture in Somalia and Yemen, and what kind of agricultural interventions are possible in such unstable environments? What role can the USG , international and local NGOs, and multinationals play to increase food security, improve incomes and offer alternative livelihoods to young people and other villagers?
Join us for a discussion with three experts:
Dr. Hussein Haji, Coordinator, Somali Agriculture Technical Group (www.satg.org), and former Research Scientist, Agriculture Canada and Research Director, SomaliaClick Here to View Dr. Haji's Presentation on the work of SATG.
Dr. Mohamood Noor, Consultant, World Bank, and former Vice Minister of Agriculture and Dean, Faculty of Agriculture, SomaliaClick Here to View Dr. Mohamood Noor's Presentation on the state of Agriculture in Somalia.
Ms. Ellen Levinson, President, Levinson Associates and Executive Director, Alliance for Global Food Security
Julie Howard, Executive Director, Partnership to Cut Hunger and Poverty in Africa